HU12 Online – Reader Survey Feedback
|September 19, 2012||Filled under Debate, South East Holderness, South West Holderness|
FOLLOWING OUR SURVEY of readers in August 2012, in which 46 people responded, HU12 Online is publishing its first findings today.
- The majority of our readers are female (65.9%) and the majority were within the age range 46 – 60 years old (43.5%). There was actually only one respondent under the age of 25.
- Where respondents were from: The majority of those responding to the question came from Hedon (64%). Of the 25 places in Holderness we aim to cover, there were respondents from only 8 of them: Burstwick, Hedon, Hull, Keyingham, Patrington, Paull, Preston and Thorngumbald – although one person said that HU12 Online should have more coverage of “forgotten” Withernsea.
- 37% (17) of respondents visited the website about 2-3 times a week. Only 19.6% (9) looked at the website everyday.
- People mostly read; Community News (88.6%) on HU12 Online, then What’s On? (65.9%), Entertainment (43.2%) and Parish/Town Council news (40.9%).
- Leisure time/hobby interests that people shared and could be covered on HU12 Online, included; sport (21 people shared an interest in football, rugby, swimming, Zumba and/or a variety of other sports), cooking/food (12 people shared this interest), gardening (7 people), books/reading (6 people) and walking (5).
- competitions including quizzes and crosswords;
- more about community groups;
- more about sport, more about young people and sport;
- information about shopping, money-off vouchers, promotions and other offers (from local businesses, shops and attractions);
- leisure groups to join on evenings and weekends;
- information on live music and musicians;
- information on eating out, pub food, menus;
- More information from Withernsea, Thorngumbald and Hull.
This has indicated some general information which HU12 Online will use to shape its coverage over the next few months. However to a large extent, we will still rely on you – our readers – on sending in your own local news, press releases and event notices.
Thank you to all those that took part in our Reader Survey 2012.
The winner of our £10 prize (drawn at random) was Lesley Panton from Patrington.