Local Countryside Access Forum seeks new members

PASSIONATE ABOUT THE COUNTRYSIDE? Do you want your views about the countryside to be heard?

There is an opportunity to influence policy in the East Riding of Yorkshire and Kingston upon Hull, by becoming a voluntary member of your Local Access Forum.

Local Access Forums provide independent advice on countryside access, urban green space and recreation issues, and are consulted on a range of national and local policy matters. The joint Local Access Forum for Hull and the East Riding is administered by East Riding of Yorkshire Council, working closely with Hull City Council.

The Forum meets four times a year and the voluntary members come from a range of backgrounds and countryside interests, including walkers, cyclists, horse riders and conservationists. The Forum is particularly keen to recruit more landowners (or their family members) and representatives from different countryside recreational user groups to join the Forum, although applications are welcome from all interested parties.

If you are interested in becoming a member of the Local Access Forum, or finding out more information, please contact the Forum Secretary on 01482 391691 or by e-mail at accessforum@eastriding.gov.uk

The application process is expected to be open until Monday 20th February 2012.

Eyes on the post

Eyes on the post
About Ray Duffill (Editor) 3103 Articles
Ray Duffill (photo by Neil Holmes) is a former community development manager but now describes himself as a beat-blogger or citizen-journalist. Ray lives in Hedon and founded the Hedon Blog and is the Hedon correspondent for the Holderness Gazette.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Comment (your full name please, don't post anonymously)