EAST YORKSHIRE MOTOR SERVICES will be increasing its fares from Saturday 19th November 2011.
The bus company says that “government funding cuts and the increased cost of fuel” are to blame for the rise.
The EYMS website contains the following table listing information about the fare rises and special exceptions.
If you currently buy a single, return or weekly ticket that is not covered by one of the exceptions below, your fare will rise.
- Single fares between 70p and £1.45 will increase by 5p.
- Single fares between £1.50 and £2.45 will increase by 10p.
- Single fares between £2.50 and £3.45 will increase by 15p.
- Single fares between £3.50 and £4.45 will increase by 20p.
- Single fares between £4.50 and £5.45 will increase by 25p.
- Single fares between £5.50 and £6.45 will increase by 30p.
- Single fares between £6.50 and £7.45 will increase by 35p.
The return and weekly fares will then be worked out from these new single fares.
We also have some ‘special day returns’, where return fares are held at a lower price compared to the single fares. Some examples of new fares include:
- Hull-Beverley return – £5.40
- Hull-Molescroft return – £6.55
- Pocklington-York return – £6.30
- Hull-Castle Hill Hospital – £3.35
- Hull-Driffield – £9.00
- Driffield-Bridlington – £7.15
- Beverley-Driffield – £7.15
- Hull-Hornsea – £7.65
- The Lawns-Hull University – £2.30