MANY LOCAL Parish Councils are now online – this does provide an opportunity to catch up with what’s going on in those areas.
We do a brief round-up of some news here, but please do regularly visit your own parish council website.
And if your area’s council is not online? Then perhaps you should encourage them to do so!
- Easington Parish website website is advertising a Fun Day, Produce Show (with various categories including odd-shaped vegetables, miniature gardens, the best decorated bun or cake and most inspiring photograph) and Bogey Race at the Youth Club field, Easington on Sunday 26th August 2012.
- Keyingham Parish Council discussed a report about plans to restore the old Keyingham Board School. Since February, 800 individuals (from a village population of 1,020) have completed a detailed questionnaire about the building with 99% expressing the view that the building should be retained.
- Paull Parish Council is to carry out a village audit; its assets, facilities and needs. Councillors have already carried out a visual assessment via a village walkabout. Two parish new councillors have been co-opted: MrPlatten and Mr Lowde
- Preston Parish Council have a vacancy for a councillor in its North ward. The Council is to fill the vacancy by co-option and expressions of interest will be considered at the next Council meeting on Wednesday 8th August 2012. Anyone interested in becoming a Parish Councillor should contact Charles Cromack, telephone 01482 899411 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Roos Parish Council continues to support and be featured in the excellent Roos Rooster – you can download Rooster 204 July 2012.
- Thorngumbald Parish Council heard from the East Riding Council that the proposed new zebra crossing at the junction of Beech Avenue will now not be installed there due to ‘site difficulties’. Parish councillors had objected to the intended alternative location for the crossing at Thornfields as being too dangerous (ongoing issue).
East Riding Council produce a monthly newsletter Parish News which contains news from Parish and Town Councils. You can download copies via the East Riding Council website. We have the latest edition available to download here: Parish News July 2012.